Java Holdings Ltd. (“JAVA”) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. JAVA has put in place a robust and effective data protection program which complies with existing law.
- How JAVA collects personal information about you.
- The types of personal information JAVA collects about you.
- How JAVA uses your personal information.
- How JAVA secures your personal information.
- How you can manage your personal information collected by JAVA.
JAVA adheres to worldwide standards and practices for customer privacy and data protection. JAVA employs the following principles:
- JAVA will only collect your personal information with your consent.
- JAVA will not sell or give away your name, email address, phone number, or any other personal information about you to anyone outside of JAVA or its’ subsidiary companies, unless required to by law.
- JAVA employs strong security measures to protect your information from unauthorized use.
- JAVA gives you the possibility to control the information that you shared with us (opt-out)
1. Notice and Consent
JAVA will clearly inform you when information that personally identifies you (“personal information”) is asked for and you will have the choice to provide it or not. JAVA may ask you for information that personally identifies you, or allows us to contact you, for variety of purposes pertaining to providing services to you. Generally, personal information about you is requested when you interact with JAVA’s website in the following manners:
- When you complete an inquiry form.
- When you sign up to receive email subscriptions or notifications from JAVA.
- When you request to download information such as brochures, whitepapers and other information JAVA may publish from time to time.
If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still use www.javaholdings.ca, but you will not be able to access or request information or services which require your personal information.
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for purposes listed in the “Usage” section of this policy, and that JAVA is an authorized holder of such information.
If you decide to provide your personal information to JAVA, you will be able to select the kinds of services you wish to receive from us by subscribing to specific services, for example electronic newsletters, product or service updates, information on upcoming events, and other services which JAVA may offer from time to time. You can discontinue receiving information from JAVA at anytime by clicking on “unsubscribe” located at the bottom of all electronic correspondence from JAVA.
2. The types of personal information JAVA collects about you
The personal information JAVA may request from you when using www.javaholdings.ca, is very limited, and includes:
- First and Last Name.
- Email Address.
- Telephone number.
- Name of the company you are employed by or represent.
JAVA may use your personal Information for four primary purposes:
- To improve and optimize the performance of JAVA’s website.
- To enable you to download specific content from JAVA or its’ subsidiaries.
- To provide you with notification services you have chosen to subscribe to.
- To facilitate contact with key members of JAVA’s management team within JAVA or its’ subsidiaries.
4. Access to your information
You are entitled to review the personal information you have provided us and ensure that it is accurate and current at all times. To review or update this information email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that JAVA send you this information.
5. Security of information
JAVA is strongly committed to protecting your information and ensuring that your choices are honored. JAVA have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All sensitive data is stored behind firewalls on secure servers with restricted employee access.
6. Retention of information
7. What JAVA does with the Information you share
Your information is never shared outside the company without your permission. Inside the company, data is stored behind firewalls on secure servers with restricted user access.
JAVA will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on JAVA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of JAVA and its subsidiaries, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of JAVA, its Websites, or the public.
8. How to opt-out
JAVA provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving from us updates on our products, newsletters and other communications. You can opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in emails or by contacting us at the address at the bottom of this page.
JAVA uses third-party website analytic services to understand how JAVA’s website is used in order to better optimize the user experience. These third-party website analytics companies employ cookies to measure and track usage behavior on JAVA’s website. To do so, these companies may use anonymous information about your visits to JAVA’s website and other websites but will not collect any information which can personally identify you or can be linked to you.
10.1 JAVA does not directly create or issue cookies on www.javaholdings.ca for advertising, data collection, or for any purpose which personally identify individuals.
10.2 JAVA uses Google’s website analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the JAVA Website to evaluate usage and support further development of our Website. This is known as ‘digital analytics’. This information allows us to understand user behaviours and needs more accurately. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, please visit: https://policies.
10.3 If you choose to opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can use Google’s opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.
10.4 Changing cookie settings may affect some of the functionalities available on website.
11. Changes to this policy
12. Enforcement of policy
If for some reason you believe JAVA has not adhered to these principles, please notify us and JAVA will do its’ best to promptly make corrections.
13. Questions or comments
Java Holdings Ltd.
180 Strathmore Drive
Sherwood Park, AB
For more information about how to contact JAVA please visit the contact page of JAVA’s website.
Effective Date: March 15, 2021